WORKING FOR US
FTTP Network Planner
As an FTTP Network Planner / Telecommunications Planner, you will work on the design of all networks required to enable fibre infrastructure (FTTP) to be built. You will create fundamental city-wide designs using and consistently improving on the software and tools.
This role will cover many of the following areas:
- Building & preparing frameworks to identify required network expansion and changes through analytics, automation and direct required adds, moves, changes, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Develop solutions to maximize network performance by monitoring performance, targeting upgrades, and collaborating with Network Architects & Engineers on network optimization.
- Working with surveyors, manage the underlying resources of the active telecommunication network e.g. POP/Head end locations, trunk/feeder routes and distribution routes.
- Prepare & produce working designs utilising telecoms equipment, this includes final designs & associated documentation detailing materials and components required to build the network.
- Design and oversee design of agreed fibre architectures to satisfy city design (FTTP).
- Forecast CAPEX and OPEX requirements of designed infrastructure projects.
- Management and governance of works in compliance with guidelines and code of practice of each client.
- Manage and advise on capacity within the FTTP city.
- Help develop, implement, and champion network topologies.
- Apply rigor to data quality within assets and customer management systems, drive consistency, quality, suitability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Model and monitor new active city networks.
- Identify and augment existing network as required.
- Deliver short, medium, and long-term forecasts for all network components.
- Incrementally improve network capacity monitoring and operational excellence utilising automation, AI etc to drive a lean operating model.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Experience with manipulating data and metadata underpinning a civils and fibre design.
- Detailed understanding of all aspects of civils route planning.
- Detailed understanding of all aspects of fibre planning.
- Detailed understanding of DPA and Hybrid aerial planning.
- Ability to understand and produce detailed industry-standard level of survey information and design job packs.
- Knowledge and understanding of lit fibre services FTTP methodologies and design.
- Working understanding of long-distance fibre networks.
- Working knowledge of QGIS.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio.
SEND US YOUR CV
We do not work with recruitment agencies.
We are always happy to hear from talented people in the industry wanting something new.
If you are looking for a change, feel free to drop Natalie our Office Manager your CV and salary expectations at [email protected] & we will get in touch!